At last I think we are ready to leave the comfort of Phuket for the high seas .We are anchored in Nai Harn bay on the SW end of Phuket and after several days of yet more preparation we are hoping to leave tomorrow .Many of you may wonder what could there be left to do but we have bought a basic diving kit in case we get trapped by fishing net and have bought yet more provisions because the rumour has it there is almost nothing to buy in terms of fruit vegetables and spares between here and Europe .Our delay allowed us to see Henry off back to Beijing and Vanessa back to Sudan so that was a definate bonus .It alos seems the weather has not been good in Sri LWe have met the other boats on the TTT and had a briefing from our leader Rene Thiemesson who has a beautiful boat ” Alondra ” a 60′ ketch . We will head south of the Nicobar islands and Sri Lanka and then NW towards the Maldives .We are enjoying a cocktail on the verandah in the Royal Meridien Yacht Club with a beautiful view over the bay and Baringo …a suitably fitting farewell to an excellent sojourn . The voyage should take about 10days so watch this space !
- Nongsa Point to Keppel Marina Singapore 12th November 2018: the final leg of our circumnavigation.
- Lombok to Nongsa Point 28.10.2018 – 07.11.2018
- Thursday Island to Lombok 8th October to 24th October 2018
- The Northern Queensland Coast Cairns to Horn Island, Torres Straits 27th September – 8th October 2018
- Hamilton Island to Cairns 20th June -16th July
airlie beach accommo… on Keppel Island to Airlie B… Ian Wormald on Nongsa Point to Keppel Marina… Gilly on Nongsa Point to Keppel Marina… Jeremy Vevers on Nongsa Point to Keppel Marina… Jeremy Vevers on Lombok to Nongsa Point 28.10.2…
- Follow Baringo's Blog on WordPress.com