Wishing all our blog followers the best for 2011 .We had a very lively Christmas and New Year here with Vanessa and Henry and friends and the Davies ,Button and Gibson families . Wonderful food ,too much to drink but a lot of fun ! Yes we are still in Phuket as the anchor windlass failed on boxing day while we were sailing in Phang Nga bay . Of course it was impossible to fix anything quickly over the holiday period . As a result of the delay we have not been able to join the Blue Water Rally but have joined another group TTT (Thailand to Turkey ) leaving on 15th January .The route is slightly different as our first stop is the Maldives so we miss Sri Lanka and India .But some sailors we have talked to here think it may be better and safer .We have found a replacement windlass here and it should be fitted tomorrow .There are certainly worse places to be stuck than Phuket but we have spent rather too much time in chandleries and boat yards viewing windlasses and calculating windlass performance than one should on a tropical island holiday ! However as always we have learnt from the experience and who knows in the long (and/or short ) run it may all work out for the best ,although it has been rather frustrating and disappointing at times .
- Nongsa Point to Keppel Marina Singapore 12th November 2018: the final leg of our circumnavigation.
- Lombok to Nongsa Point 28.10.2018 – 07.11.2018
- Thursday Island to Lombok 8th October to 24th October 2018
- The Northern Queensland Coast Cairns to Horn Island, Torres Straits 27th September – 8th October 2018
- Hamilton Island to Cairns 20th June -16th July
airlie beach accommo… on Keppel Island to Airlie B… Ian Wormald on Nongsa Point to Keppel Marina… Gilly on Nongsa Point to Keppel Marina… Jeremy Vevers on Nongsa Point to Keppel Marina… Jeremy Vevers on Lombok to Nongsa Point 28.10.2…
- Follow Baringo's Blog on WordPress.com